Jackie @ Bouquet of Books and Dani @ Entertaining Interests for this weekly bloghop.
Today is an easy one for me! What bands/singers would be the most used in the soundtrack to your WIP or your life?
Music has helped define who I am or express a certain point in my life. Instead of me explaining every single artist (as I was really about to do lol), here's the soundtrack that pretty much sums up my life from teen years to now.
1. Super Girl by Krystal Harris
2. Overprotected by Britney Spears
3. I'm Not A Girl, Not Yet A Woman by Britney Spears
4. Remember My Name by Yuna
5. I Was Here by Beyoncé
Now, oddly enough (or maybe not for writers), I also have a lot of my soundtrack planned for my fantasy WIP. As I one day hope for it to be a movie and am writing the book as an homage to the Final Fantasy series, I envisioned the music sounding like a Final Fantasy soundtrack. If I'm lucky, maybe Nobuo Uematsu can even oversee musical production! Aside from an original score I need to actually compose, I have a few pop tracks that I want to Finalize (giggle) for important scenes. They are:
1. Let the Flames Begin by Paramore (which I already know will come out sounding slightly like Jenova's Theme, but I also have a whole new arrangement I want to write)
2.Breathe Again by Sara Bareilles (I hear a harp and battle drums)
3. Smash into You by Beyoncé (maybe I can get her to sing it more softly lol)