Greetings

My photo
Delaware, United States
Deborah Hawkins, penned Debra Renée Byrd, began writing after a blank book project in elementary school and never stopped, fashioning stories based on her favorite TV shows and movies before creating more original works. She studied at the University of the Arts and Florida State University before settling down and graduating from Temple University. She now resides in her hometown of Dover, DE, where she spends most of her time at work or at church. She loves fantasies, superheroes, is a trekkie and a brown coat. She loves television and lives for Final Fantasy video games, having collected most of them. She has read a myriad of authors, and her favorite authors change whenever she finds a new book that changes her life... "When you can't run, you crawl. When you can't crawl...well, you know the rest." -Tracey, Firefly, "The Message"

Search This Blog

Friday, October 18, 2013

Friday Freeday: On the Bright Side

Good morning.

I'm pretty sure I'm still asleep, but I have to make the little money that I do. But some good things did happen since last Friday, so I thought I'd share them.

I DO have two hard copies of the collection with my short story "El Celular Roto", so yay.

After they posted the Admin Assistant job that is in my building, then took it down with no explanation, they finally put it back up last Friday, and I re-applied. Everyone's rooting for me, which is nice. This might be this company's last chance with me, though. While I love playing Hexatron Rogue all day, sometimes I want to work, and with two school loan agencies on my neck, I need more money!

I picked up a beta reader! Hopefully he's enjoying the story. I haven't had much luck with CPs and Betas, so I'm glad I reached out for more.

I wrote a few lines down in one of my fantasy prequellettes (yes, I'm totally creating that word), and that was hard because it was the first time I just WROTE. I'm one of those people who struggles with not writing exactly what I want to write, so that I made myself shows progress. :)

I hope everyone's had a good week, and here's to a good weekend!

6 comments:

Alex J. Cavanaugh said...

Good luck and hope you get that position! And that your beta reader rocks. I've been very fortunate with my test readers and critique partners.

SC Author said...

Good luck! I'm rooting for you to get the job as well :)

Mark Koopmans said...

Hey,

Good luck with the job application AND with your writing... at least you're moving forward, right :)

Jackie said...

Yay for CP's! They are invaluable.
And awesome that the job is back up again. I hope you get it!!!

Heather R. Holden said...

Good luck with the job application--will definitely keep my fingers crossed for you!

And I absolutely love the word "prequellettes." :)

Gina Gao said...

Good luck with your job application!

www.modernworld4.blogspot.com