Greetings

My photo

Hello,

I'm Deborah. I'm a writer, currently seeking representation/publication for my YA Fantasy Fractured Princess

I love to play Final Fantasy games and Shattered Pixel Dungeon. I also enjoy the many ins and outs of music (I'm a chorus geek).

Friday, January 17, 2014

Friday Freeday: First Friday Back!

Good morning!

Now that the holidays are finally slowing down, I am returning to the blogosphere with full furce! I thought I would brag about some of the good things that have happened so far for me in 2014. ;)

I started a new Zumba class Monday morning, so I will have a little more cushion in my pocket. *phew* Thank God.

This started in 2013, but I taught 2 songs I arranged for the young adult ensemble I'm in. I love songwriting, and when there's a song that doesn't quite fit us, I'm glad to know I have the ability to make it fit. A guitar would make it fit even more, but none of us play. lol

I have a prequel for my fantasy WIP that came about because it's an inciting subplot for my WIP, and I wanted to write it. I woke up yesterday at around 5am and couldn't get back to sleep for a little bit because ideas were popping into my head! This is the second story I've started where I've forced myself to not worry about writing A-B-C-D and just write what comes to me no matter where it goes in the story. It's extremely liberating. I have A, U, Y, and Z. I know the gist of the other letters, but those parts were so clear, I couldn't keep them in my head!

So things are looking good so far, and I hope there is more joy to come for me, and for you. :D Song for the week: Jill Scott: "Golden"

7 comments:

  1. Eventually you'll get the whole alphabet.
    You're a songwriter? Very cool.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds like your new year is off to a great start so far! So, so cool how you know how to write songs. Have fun with this new prequel idea of yours! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Heather! Can't wait for Echo to return. *wink*

      Delete
  3. I love when ideas pop up in my head!!! For me, it's hard not to act on them when I'm on another project, so sometimes, I just give in and go with it. :D

    ReplyDelete
  4. That's great that you can arrange the songs - I wish I had some musical talent.
    Funny, I'm starting a Tai Chi class on Thursday. yay for a new year!

    ReplyDelete

Search This Blog