Greetings

My photo
Delaware, United States
Deborah Hawkins, penned Debra Renée Byrd, began writing after a blank book project in elementary school and never stopped, fashioning stories based on her favorite TV shows and movies before creating more original works. She studied at the University of the Arts and Florida State University before settling down and graduating from Temple University. She now resides in her hometown of Dover, DE, where she spends most of her time at work or at church. She loves fantasies, superheroes, is a trekkie and a brown coat. She loves television and lives for Final Fantasy video games, having collected most of them. She has read a myriad of authors, and her favorite authors change whenever she finds a new book that changes her life... "When you can't run, you crawl. When you can't crawl...well, you know the rest." -Tracey, Firefly, "The Message"

Search This Blog

Thursday, May 29, 2014

A rant on TYPOS.

Typos are the bane of my existence!

I thought I'd share this because I saw a typo in a blog post I did last week. Yes, last week. I will look at an old blog post from yesterday or last year and hit Edit because of a typo. I will delete a Tweet or a Facebook post and send a follow-up text with the correct spelling followed by an asterisk because of a typo. I'm an English major. I will send YOU (well, at least people I know like that) an IM or Tweet or comment with the correct spelling if you have a typo. I HATE TYPOS!

And yet, because I type and think at 98 WPM but my reflexes move at about 70 WPM, they're always there! Because often times I get a bout of dyslexia, I will mess up an entire sentence!

I know it's because I'm only human, but...I HATE TYPOS!

That is all.

2 comments:

Alex J. Cavanaugh said...

I hate typos as well! Yes, I have deleted a comment because of a typo. And fixed a blog post.

Heather R. Holden said...

I'm the same exact way with typos. I always get frustrated with myself when I make one and will do whatever I can to fix it as quickly as possible!