Greetings

My photo
Delaware, United States
Deborah Hawkins, penned Debra Renée Byrd, began writing after a blank book project in elementary school and never stopped, fashioning stories based on her favorite TV shows and movies before creating more original works. She studied at the University of the Arts and Florida State University before settling down and graduating from Temple University. She now resides in her hometown of Dover, DE, where she spends most of her time at work or at church. She loves fantasies, superheroes, is a trekkie and a brown coat. She loves television and lives for Final Fantasy video games, having collected most of them. She has read a myriad of authors, and her favorite authors change whenever she finds a new book that changes her life... "When you can't run, you crawl. When you can't crawl...well, you know the rest." -Tracey, Firefly, "The Message"

Search This Blog

Wednesday, October 15, 2014

Wednesday Words: Back to the Werewolves

I finished American Gods last Wednesday! When it picked up, it really picked up.

So I was finally able to open By Blood We Live, the final book in Glen Duncan The Last Werewolf series. This one continues with Talulla and the oldest living vampire Remshi, who is trying to fulfill a prophecy that he wrote himself, but it seems to have some merit. I won't give anything away in case anyone has picked up the preceding two books...except the next few lines.

As I've started doing, I will be using Random.org to pick a page and lines from said page to share with you all.

There are 368 pages in By Blood We Live, and Random has given me.........page 102.

Ooh, a tense page. There are about 33 lines on this page, so Random, do your thing......line 13...for the sake of not just quoting the quote from another book, I'll start at line 12.

We settled under an enormous horse chestnut. I was thinking of a line I'd read (1984?): Under the spreading chestnut tree, I sold you and you sold me...Moonrise was fifteen minutes away.

2 comments:

Alex J. Cavanaugh said...

If they are werewolves, things are about to change in fifteen minutes...

Heather R. Holden said...

Congrats on finally finishing American Gods! Hope the current book you're reading doesn't disappoint...