Greetings

My photo

Hello,

I'm Deborah. I'm a writer, currently seeking representation/publication for my YA Fantasy Fractured Princess

I love to play Final Fantasy games and Shattered Pixel Dungeon. I also enjoy the many ins and outs of music (I'm a chorus geek).

Tuesday, January 8, 2013

My Favorite Lines from A Song of Ice And Fire

I believe A Dance With Dragons is the most recent book from the great  George R. R. Martin. I'm only about a quarter into it, but I saw in his afterward that he said this book was three bitches and bastard. I'm loving the slow-down but also the continued foreshadowing, hopefulness, hopelessness, and suspense that is already happening!

With that said, I thought I'd take a moment to stop and pay homage to some of my favorite lines so far from this series. And awaaay we go.

"He won't be a boy forever, and Winter is coming." --Eddard "Ned" Stark (may he rest in peace) regarding his 4-year-old son Rickon.

"I am a sword in the darkness. I am the watcher on the wall." --Part of the Oath of the Night's Watch

"For the night is dark and full of terrors." --Melisandre, the Red Priestess

"There are no men like me. There is only me." --Jaime Lannister

"Rhaegar fought valiantly, Rhaegar fought nobly, Rhaegar fought honorably. And Rhaegar died." --Jorah Mormont

"The things I do for love." --Jaime Lannister...right before pushing Bran Stark from a window.

"You know nothing, Jon Snow." --Ygritte the Wildling

"First lesson, stick them with the pointy end." --Jon Snow teaching Arya Stark a valuable lesson in sword fighting.

5 comments:

  1. I stated the series, but I'm not sure if I liked it.... It wasn't fantasy enough for me (I only read a bit of the first part of the first book). Should I keep going?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Um, definitely?? And the good thing about fantasy is that there are no real boundaries. It's what the author wants it to be.

      Delete
  2. I haven't read the series yet. Seen the first season of the show though. Interesting stuff.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The show is mostly like the book in the 1st season. They took a few more liberties than I appreciate in the 2nd, but what can I do. lol

      Delete

Search This Blog