Greetings

My photo

Hello,

I'm Deborah. I'm a writer, currently seeking representation/publication for my YA Fantasy Fractured Princess

I love to play Final Fantasy games and Shattered Pixel Dungeon. I also enjoy the many ins and outs of music (I'm a chorus geek).

Friday, June 7, 2013

Friday Freeday: Post-IWSG Encouragement

Hiya! Third post in a row this week! Ayeee!

Of course, the Insecure Writer's Support Group falls on the first Wednesday of the month, so I'd written mine before I did something big.

I wrote a letter to the directors of the division asking to create me a job! I'm contracted through a Temp agency, so I have no (good) benefits, no paid time-off, no ability to really do anything. Because I've done such a good job, 4 months into my assignment, they made me a secretary for a peer review team. This division works for people with developmental disabilities, and the peer review handles the approval of their medicinal and physical restrictions (I really love it). 3 months ago, they also made me dental liaison, and I get to approve scheduling and billing for dental appointments (I really hate it). I don't get paid to do either of these, mind you. I'm paid to answer the telephone.

SO, the letter I wrote asked them to hire me as the official secretary for the peer review team, who has lost a lot of people since I've been here (retirements, not deaths). I got the blessing from the team, who didn't know I was a temp, and am now waiting on permission from the director in my office to send the remaining copies to two of the other directors.

I say all of this to say, go for what you want to do. If you have a passion for something, don't sit around not doing it. The worst thing they can say to me is "no", and then I'll just have to find a permanent job. For the patriots: There's nothing to fear but fear itself! For the Christians: God has not given us a spirit of fear! So take a deep breath, and as Nike says, "Just do it." lol

5 comments:

  1. Best of luck on getting that position...sounds like you deserve it!

    And, you're right, we should follow our passion because what's the worst that can happen? :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Way to be bold, lady! I love your take charge attitude. We gotta be courageous! :) Also, great verse! He gave us a spirit of power! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I agree--it can be scary to do a lot of the time, but if we're truly passionate about something, we must find the courage to take a leap. Keeping my fingers crossed that you get that position you want!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Fingers crossed that you'll get the permanent appointment!

    ReplyDelete

Search This Blog