Greetings

My photo
Delaware, United States
Deborah Hawkins, penned Debra Renée Byrd, began writing after a blank book project in elementary school and never stopped, fashioning stories based on her favorite TV shows and movies before creating more original works. She studied at the University of the Arts and Florida State University before settling down and graduating from Temple University. She now resides in her hometown of Dover, DE, where she spends most of her time at work or at church. She loves fantasies, superheroes, is a trekkie and a brown coat. She loves television and lives for Final Fantasy video games, having collected most of them. She has read a myriad of authors, and her favorite authors change whenever she finds a new book that changes her life... "When you can't run, you crawl. When you can't crawl...well, you know the rest." -Tracey, Firefly, "The Message"

Search This Blog

Tuesday, July 30, 2013

Express Yourself: August


I feel like July was both long and short. August happens on Thursday! It's crazy.

This week's Express Yourself asks what we look forward to in August. My uncle (aunt's hubby) turns 50 some time in August, so my aunt is throwing him a surprise 50th Seafood Fest-type birthday this Saturday! I am one of 4 people in my family not allergic to either shellfish and/or fish, so I'm very excited about this, and I plan to try to make either a crab dip or a  crab-stuffed grilled cheese I saw on one of those Food Network shows.

Next Saturday, my cousin and I are taking our goddaughter Chanel for the weekend. Our former choir mate made the choir godparents! She's the sweetest baby, hardly cries and sleeps a lot (sounds a lot like me when I was a baby hehe). So this should be an experience, as I haven't watched a baby in 10 years. I imagine like will go on as normal, with the exception of staring at her for 36 hours. :)

Nothing else really happens in August for me that I'm looking forward to, so that's it. :-D

Thank you to http://jackiefelger.blogspot.com and http://danibertrand.blogspot.com for this weekyl bloghop.

3 comments:

Heather R. Holden said...

I can't believe August is practically here already. I'm so not ready for it! It sounds like you have some fun stuff to look forward to, though, so yay you! :)

Jackie said...

Lots of awesome things for you in August. Have fun!

Dani said...

Sounds like August holds some great things for you but at the same time, no too busy which can make for freeing month! Enjoy August.