Greetings

My photo
Delaware, United States
Deborah Hawkins, penned Debra Renée Byrd, began writing after a blank book project in elementary school and never stopped, fashioning stories based on her favorite TV shows and movies before creating more original works. She studied at the University of the Arts and Florida State University before settling down and graduating from Temple University. She now resides in her hometown of Dover, DE, where she spends most of her time at work or at church. She loves fantasies, superheroes, is a trekkie and a brown coat. She loves television and lives for Final Fantasy video games, having collected most of them. She has read a myriad of authors, and her favorite authors change whenever she finds a new book that changes her life... "When you can't run, you crawl. When you can't crawl...well, you know the rest." -Tracey, Firefly, "The Message"

Search This Blog

Friday, October 25, 2013

45 Things!

Happy Friday!

I'm posting this Wednesday because I found this questionnaire on my sister's friend's Facebook (I hear myself saying that with upturns every few words like a teenager). If you were on Myspace like I was in the mid 2000s, you did these all of the time. Let's go back. Way back. Back into time. ;)

And if you would like to do this, go ahead!

1. WERE YOU NAMED AFTER ANYONE:
I was named after Deborah, the judge in the Bible. Coincidentally, my aunt Deborah thinks I was named after her, but I can see how that's confusing...especially since she was named after her aunt Deborah...

2. WHEN WAS THE LAST TIME YOU CRIED?
The Thursday before last when I watched Glee, "The Quarterback." I'll never be the same again, and I'll probably watch it again. Greatest episode since the finale where Quinn went into labor at Regionals.

3. DO YOU LIKE YOUR HANDWRITING?
It's serial killer writing sometimes. I try to adjust it, but it's bad.

4. WHAT IS YOUR FAVORITE LUNCHMEAT?
Pastrami, thanks to Carnival.

5. DO YOU HAVE KIDS?
*sigh*

6. IF YOU WERE ANOTHER PERSON WOULD YOU BE FRIENDS WITH YOU?
I'd probably try, but I'm such a hermit that I'd never see me.

7. DO YOU USE SARCASM?
Too much.

8. DO YOU STILL HAVE YOUR TONSILS?
Yes.

9. WOULD YOU BUNGEE JUMP?
No. I'm afraid of falling.

10. WHAT IS YOUR FAVORITE CEREAL?
Hm....Chocolate Cheerios.

11. DO YOU UNTIE YOUR SHOES WHEN YOU TAKE THEM OFF?
No.

12. DO YOU STILL TALK TO YOUR HIGH SCHOOL SWEETHEART?
I don't even know where he is.

13. WHAT IS YOUR FAVORITE ICE CREAM?
Tin Roof Sundae or Moose Tracks

14. WHAT IS THE FIRST THING YOU NOTICE ABOUT PEOPLE?
Their eyes. Though this cute red-head in Wawa who had a beard and a bun the other day, I noticed his whole being. lol

15. RED OR PINK?
PINK!

16. WHAT IS YOUR LEAST FAVORITE THING ABOUT YOURSELF?
My ability to not care, and oddly enough my over-empathy.

17. WHO DO YOU MISS THE MOST?
My college friends.

18. DO YOU WANT EVERYONE TO COMPLETE THIS LIST?
Only if they're bored and so inclined.

19. WHAT COLOR PANTS AND SHOES ARE YOU WEARING?
Blue plaid pajama bottoms, no shoes.

21. WHAT ARE YOU LISTENING TO RIGHT NOW?
American Dad

22. IF YOU WERE A CRAYON, WHAT COLOR WOULD YOU BE?
Burnt Sienna. lol It's confusing and almost like Raw Sienna, but it must've been out in the sun too long.

23. FAVORITE SMELLS?
Lit fireplaces. Fabric softener.

24. WHO WAS THE LAST PERSON YOU TALKED TO ON THE PHONE?
My older sister.

25. DO YOU LIKE THE PERSON WHO SENT THIS TO YOU?
No one sent it; I stole it off of Facebook.

26. FAVORITE SPORTS TO WATCH?
Technically, I watch sports entertainment, WWE.

27. (Natural) HAIR COLOR?
Dark brown

28. EYE COLOR?
Dark brown

29. DO YOU WEAR CONTACTS?
No.

30. FAVORITE FOOD?
I love seafood!!

31. SCARY MOVIES OR HAPPY ENDINGS?
It depends on my mood.

32. LAST MOVIE YOU WATCHED?
I feel like it was that movie with the characters who were all personalities of a serial killer...If so, I need to watch another movie.

33. WHAT COLOR SHIRT ARE YOU WEARING?
Pink!

34. SUMMER OR WINTER?
Summer for pool time, Winter for looking at the snow...when it snows in Delaware. >.>

35. HUGS OR KISSES?
Kisses.

36. FAVORITE DESSERT?
Chocolate mousse

37. IF YOU COULD MAKE A WISH, WHAT WOULD YOU WISH FOR?
That I'd have this book published, that's for sure. And world peace. I'm serious.

38. WHAT (in general) BOTHERS YOU THE MOST?
People who pretend to be something they aren't.

39. WHAT BOOK ARE YOU READING NOW?
Full Dark, No Stars by Stephen King

40. WHAT IS ON YOUR MOUSE PAD?
Some tiny bumps so my finger grease doesn't wear it out, I think.

41. WHAT DID YOU WATCH ON TV LAST NIGHT?
Nothing, had choir rehearsal.

42. FAVORITE SOUND(s):
(This is weird, don't judge me) The sound of your tires running through a puddle of water.

43. ROLLING STONES OR BEATLES?
The Beatles! GOT TO GET YOU INTO MY LIFE!

44. WHAT IS THE FARTHEST YOU HAVE BEEN FROM HOME?
Mexico

45. DO YOU HAVE A SPECIAL TALENT?
I do voice impressions. I've done them since I was a little kid. Why I never thought of being a voice-over artist is beyond me.

11 comments:

Heather R. Holden said...

Yay pink! :D

LOL at "serial killer writing." My handwriting can be pretty atrocious, too...

And too much sarcasm? No such thing! ;)

Alex J. Cavanaugh said...

I'm sensing a pink trend...
Not bungee jumping either. I don't want to splat.

Anonymous said...

Yeah, I'm okay if I take my time, but otherwise, it looks awful. lol

Thanks for the sarcasm vote. hehe My mom doesn't think the same way, though.

Anonymous said...

Aww, what gave it away? ;)

Falling is the stuff of my nightmares.

mshatch said...

I enjoyed reading all your answers and I'm with you on the no bungee jumping and the chocolate mousse - yum.

Julie Flanders said...

This was fun to read. I had to laugh about being a hermit - that's me LOL. I also love chocolate cheerios, reading this made me want a bowl.

Jackie said...

Downy fabric softener is one of my faves.
Voice impressions! HOW FUN!!!

Unknown said...

That made me giggle, especially the answer about being a hermit and never seeing yourself. For the one about "natural" hair color, I'd have to admit I don't remember - it's been too long since I actually saw it. LOL Fun post! :-)

Anonymous said...

You guys are great. lol Thanks!

PK HREZO said...

Wow I've only just met you, yet I've learned so much!! ;)

Interesting sound choice. Funny what gives people little thrills, isn't it? And I'm the same with movie endings. I can take either one.

Anonymous said...

It's very interesting. lol I love water, though. :)