Greetings

My photo

Hello,

I'm Deborah. I'm a writer, currently seeking representation/publication for my YA Fantasy Fractured Princess

I love to play Final Fantasy games and Shattered Pixel Dungeon. I also enjoy the many ins and outs of music (I'm a chorus geek).

Monday, November 18, 2013

Grammarly, anyone?

I use Grammarly for online proofreading because sometimes I just don't feel like using my English degree.

I may have Tweeted this a while ago, but I was contacted by a gentleman in San Francisco (or San Fran as I like to say, or Frisco as others like to say) requesting sponsorship of one of my blog posts! While it made me feel very special, I had never heard of Grammarly because, well, I'm an English major. Being grammarly is what I do (see what I did there?).

It's a very cool site, though. I went to the site and entered one of my paragraphs. It told me I had 4 misspellings (which were character names, so I moved on), misused words, and wordiness (which made me laugh because I am the queen of run-on sentences and parenthetics). On the good side, my punctuation was on point, and I didn't plagiarize (I wish I WOULD enter one of my paragraphs and discover there's plagiarism!).

So, have any of you every used Grammarly, and what do you think about it? I might slip over there more often so my betas don't correct me on things I should already know. lol

4 comments:

  1. I haven't used it but I know several writers who do.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've never used Grammarly before, but the name does sound familiar...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh I might have to start using it. Thanks for the tip I never heard of it before! I really don't like when spell check gets all the spelling right but certain mistakes just slip by. This might be the solution XD

    ReplyDelete

Search This Blog