Greetings

My photo

Hello,

I'm Deborah. I'm a writer, currently seeking representation/publication for my YA Fantasy Fractured Princess

I love to play Final Fantasy games and Shattered Pixel Dungeon. I also enjoy the many ins and outs of music (I'm a chorus geek).

Tuesday, February 18, 2014

Express Yourself: 5 & 5


Welcome back to the Express Yourself meme! This weekly bloghop is brought to us by Jackie @ Bouquet of Books and Dani Bertrand @ Entertaining Interests.

This week, they ask us to name 5 books we wouldn't want to live in, and 5 books we would like to.

Sheesh, this will be hard.

My Don'ts (in no particular order)
1. Fahrenheit 451. A place where books are so obsolete they're illegal? No thanks.
2. Sense & Sensibility. I sided too much with Marianne. I probably would end up the scandalized maiden, and I don't have time for that.
3. Stephen King's It. I have NO time for killer aliens dressed as clowns. None.
4. A Clockwork Orange. Even though it seems like a world we do live in now, I don't like the idea of a gang of gibberish-talking thugs lurking around corners preparing to rape, steal, or kill anything with a pulse.
5. The Crucible. All someone had to say was you were a witch, and you were burned at the stake?!

My Do's (in no particular order)
1. The Lion, the Witch, and the Wardrobe. A magical wardrobe to another world? I would try to make myself dream of places like this for most of my life. I usually just ended up sitting in a closet.

I read a lot of dismal stuff, so I don't think I'd want to live in any other book I've read...I need to read some happy books.

3 comments:

  1. That's my choice of book world to live in!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your "don'ts" definitely don't sound like pleasant worlds to live in--yikes!

    ReplyDelete
  3. LOL! Yes, I think you need a few "happy land" books. Though, most books contain an element of a world gone wrong... even the worlds that look happy seem to have a wicked witch behind it all.
    Like the first Matrix movie pointed out, we reject utopia, relying on drama to give us reality.

    ReplyDelete

Search This Blog