Greetings

My photo
Delaware, United States
Deborah Hawkins, penned Debra Renée Byrd, began writing after a blank book project in elementary school and never stopped, fashioning stories based on her favorite TV shows and movies before creating more original works. She studied at the University of the Arts and Florida State University before settling down and graduating from Temple University. She now resides in her hometown of Dover, DE, where she spends most of her time at work or at church. She loves fantasies, superheroes, is a trekkie and a brown coat. She loves television and lives for Final Fantasy video games, having collected most of them. She has read a myriad of authors, and her favorite authors change whenever she finds a new book that changes her life... "When you can't run, you crawl. When you can't crawl...well, you know the rest." -Tracey, Firefly, "The Message"

Search This Blog

Friday, May 30, 2014

I MADE ROUND 1!!!!!

If you don't follow me on Twitter, you've missed my screaming for the past half hour or so, but I MADE ROUND 1 OF QUERY KOMBAT!!!!

I'm on Team SC!

Because you follow me here, you know the struggle I've had with The Crystal Bearer, formerly known as Save the Queen (a title I will always treasure), especially with querying and submitting to publishers. The changes I've made this year to the story, and the changes I've made in myself to boost my confidence this year...I didn't start this sentence right, but all I wanted was to MAKE THE CONTEST. Even if I don't make Round 2, I made it to Round 1, and that lets me know I am on the right track. I'm finally doing something right and getting somewhere with Ghuli. 10 years. 10 years. We're getting there, Ghuli.

I have to do something else for a while, because I keep trying to get misty.

Have a good weekend, guys! :-D

1 comment:

Heather R. Holden said...

Congratulations! That's awesome! Will keep my fingers crossed that you make it to round 2 so you have more to squee about... :)