Greetings

My photo

Hello,

I'm Deborah. I'm a writer, currently seeking representation/publication for my YA Fantasy Fractured Princess

I love to play Final Fantasy games and Shattered Pixel Dungeon. I also enjoy the many ins and outs of music (I'm a chorus geek).

Wednesday, July 2, 2014

Wednesday Words: Verily, A New Hope

Alrighty, welcome back to Wednesday Words! Every Wednesday, I'm going to use Random.org to pick a page of the book I'm reading and a line or two and post it. This week, I picked up William Shakespeare's Star Wars: Verily, A New Hope by Ian Doescher. lol Clearly, I picked it because I was intrigued.

There are 176 pages in the book, so Random has given me....105! I'm only on page 80, but luckily, I know how this story goes. It's Star Wars.

There are 24 lines on page 105, and Random has given me....line 13, which is in the middle of Han Solo talking:

--Surely, let them come!
A fight would I prefer to sneaking yon
And hither.

Kennst you whence the scene doth taketh its place? ;) (Sheesh, iambic pentameter is hard!)

This is a very interesting spin on both Shakespeare and Star Wars. I do plan to read the rest of the series. It feels shorter than the movies. lol

2 comments:

  1. Sounds like a fun read - but I wonder does Yoda now sound "normal?"

    :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. haha! I'll let you know when I start the second book! :D

      Delete

Search This Blog