Greetings

My photo
Delaware, United States
Deborah Hawkins, penned Debra Renée Byrd, began writing after a blank book project in elementary school and never stopped, fashioning stories based on her favorite TV shows and movies before creating more original works. She studied at the University of the Arts and Florida State University before settling down and graduating from Temple University. She now resides in her hometown of Dover, DE, where she spends most of her time at work or at church. She loves fantasies, superheroes, is a trekkie and a brown coat. She loves television and lives for Final Fantasy video games, having collected most of them. She has read a myriad of authors, and her favorite authors change whenever she finds a new book that changes her life... "When you can't run, you crawl. When you can't crawl...well, you know the rest." -Tracey, Firefly, "The Message"

Search This Blog

Friday, August 22, 2014

Friday Freeday & Express Yourself Weekly

Happy Friday!

I wasn't really sure what to post about today. I WAS going to do a piece on why Taylor Swift is this generation's Britney Spears, but I lost interest. lol

I've read about 4 books in the past 3 weeks, and if you know me and/or followed my Goodreads challenge last year, you know that is actually a lot for me! I enjoy good reads, but I appreciate fast reads, too! (And maybe if we all send Natalie Whipple some plot ideas for a third Transparent book, she'll cave and write one. *wink*)

If you also happen to be paying me any attention on Goodreads, you'll see I have 2 or 3 books I've been reading since probably the beginning of 2014. I'm going to try to keep reading them, as they're on my Kindle, but I certainly won't make any promises.

And now to express myself. hehe A big thanks to Dani @ Entertaining Interests and Jackie @ Bouquet of Books, without whom I wouldn't have had anything relevant to say on here for at least a year.

This week, they asked a hard question about what item we would bring back if we went back in time.

And I honestly don't know! Maybe a traditional Renaissance dress, because I loved the costumes we wore in high school for our Renaissance Feast...OOH! Or I'd go back in time and have Matisse or Renoir paint me, then bring that back. lol Why not?

Have a good weekend, everyone!

7 comments:

Linda King said...

I reckon you need to start those books again, LOL! Goodness, what would I bring back if I travelled back in time? There would be so much to choose from! I think Regency wigs for men. That would be just hilarious!

SC Author said...

4 books in 3 weeks? I take months to read even one book! That's incredible!

Alex J. Cavanaugh said...

I'm with SC - takes me forever.
I'd bring back some kind of awesome weapon or sword.

Sarah Foster said...

It takes me forever to finish a book, too. My goal on Goodreads is to read 100 books, but that's probably never going to happen.

Heather R. Holden said...

Four books in three weeks?! Wow! I'm a notoriously slow reader, especially lately, so I'm impressed!

Anonymous said...

hahaha That WOULD!

Anonymous said...

SC, Alex, Sara, Heather: Me too! lol Unless I pick up a manga next, that's not going to ever happen again.