Greetings

My photo

Hello,

I'm Deborah. I'm a writer, currently seeking representation/publication for my YA Fantasy Fractured Princess

I love to play Final Fantasy games and Shattered Pixel Dungeon. I also enjoy the many ins and outs of music (I'm a chorus geek).

Wednesday, August 20, 2014

Wednesday Words: Blindsided

Hello!

Welcome back to Wednesday Words, where I use Random.org to help me showcase a piece of what I'm reading right now! Yesterday, I began Natalie Whipple's Blindsided, the sequel to Transparent. I'm already halfway done this book, and I must express my total love of these books. As I've mentioned before, when I started writing as a child, I wrote based on the TV series X-Men, so I don't say this lightly that these are the books I dreamed of writing when I was a child, and Natalie has done them. I love her!

All right, so hopefully Random.org will be gentle this week and not spoil anything in the next half of the book for me. There are 263 pages in the Kindle edition. Random has chosen Page....128. That is 48.6% of the way in, which is probably 3 to 4 pages ago for me. Hurray!

There are 20 lines on the 48.6% area, so Random has given me Line.....17.

"I was worried something happened," he says as I run for my bathroom to scrub my skin. I don't even want to know what he'd say to seeing me with makeup on.

This was a very interesting and sad scene, because Fiona is desperate to see herself, and it's not the first time she's tried to use makeup to do it (though it eventually absorbs into her skin, so she can't even see that). Beauty is only skin deep, but what if you can see everyone's BUT yours? I feel for Fiona.

2 comments:

  1. Aw, poor Fiona. I've never read this series, so thanks for explaining the context of this line!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You're welcome. You should read these books! :D

      Delete

Search This Blog