Greetings

My photo

Hello,

I'm Deborah. I'm a writer, currently seeking representation/publication for my YA Fantasy Fractured Princess

I love to play Final Fantasy games and Shattered Pixel Dungeon. I also enjoy the many ins and outs of music (I'm a chorus geek).

Friday, October 3, 2014

RIP Aunt Louise - A Breast Cancer Survivor!

Happy Friday!

My great-aunt Louise died last week. She actually didn't die of Breast Cancer--she was a survivor! She lived to be 95!

This is Breast Cancer Awareness Month, so I wanted to post a ribbon for her and all of the survivors (I have other family members who've survived it!), those who lost the battle, and for those who need to, well, be aware of it! Get checked! Check yourself! It's pretty fast.

5 comments:

  1. My thoughts are with you! I have a family friend who started out with breast cancer and now it's in her brain. It's sad, sad disease.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow! Kudos to her, she fought and won triumphantly :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm sorry that you lost your Great Aunt Louise, Debra. But how wonderful that she survived this difficult disease and lived well into her 90s. My Great Aunt Louise also died of cancer, but it was pancreatic. Have a happy week!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow - 95! Good for her! Thanks for the reminder to get checked and to check ourselves.

    Madeline @ The Shellshank Redemption

    ReplyDelete
  5. So sorry about your aunt, but that's great how she managed to live that long, and was even able to beat cancer, too!

    ReplyDelete

Search This Blog