Greetings

My photo
Delaware, United States
Deborah Hawkins, penned Debra Renée Byrd, began writing after a blank book project in elementary school and never stopped, fashioning stories based on her favorite TV shows and movies before creating more original works. She studied at the University of the Arts and Florida State University before settling down and graduating from Temple University. She now resides in her hometown of Dover, DE, where she spends most of her time at work or at church. She loves fantasies, superheroes, is a trekkie and a brown coat. She loves television and lives for Final Fantasy video games, having collected most of them. She has read a myriad of authors, and her favorite authors change whenever she finds a new book that changes her life... "When you can't run, you crawl. When you can't crawl...well, you know the rest." -Tracey, Firefly, "The Message"

Search This Blog

Wednesday, December 10, 2014

Wednesday Words: House of Ivy & Sorrow

Happy Wednesday!

This is the day that I share with you all what I'm reading using Random.org to pick a page and a few lines of my books.

This week I am reading Natalie Whipple's House of Ivy & Sorrow, and interesting tale about a young witch who has been hiding from a Curse that killed her mother. It's a fast read--I'm almost halfway through already. It's also marked Horror, with a creepy Frankenstein on the binder, and Teen with a big underline. The library did at least one of those. lol Witches aren't exactly my thing, but I do like the book so far.

Okay, there are 362 pages in House of Ivy & Sorrow, and Random has chosen page.........230.

It had better not spoil anything for me. There are about 20 lines on page 230, so Random, have at thee...................line 7.

He smiles, and with one more kiss he's gone.

That's probably my first complete line that's just a sentence. It's very poetic standing alone, though. Now I need to know where he's going! Grrr, I'll wait.

No comments: