Greetings

My photo

Hello,

I'm Deborah. I'm a writer, currently seeking representation/publication for my YA Fantasy Fractured Princess

I love to play Final Fantasy games and Shattered Pixel Dungeon. I also enjoy the many ins and outs of music (I'm a chorus geek).

Wednesday, February 11, 2015

Wednesday Words: The Awakened Kingdom

Happy Hump Day. :)

Welcome back to Wednesday Words, where I use Random.org to show you all a piece the book I am currently reading.

At the end of last year, N.K. Jemisin published The Awakened Kingdom, an e-sequel to the awesome Inheritance Trilogy that became my life a few months back. This book follows a brand new godling named Shill who gets herself tangled up with mortals while trying to find out what her nature is. She's a very interesting godling, being less than 6 months old, only 1 month when the story starts. She has a thought process of someone with no attention span, which is always a hoot to read. :)

I'm about 3/5 of the way through, so let's see where Random.org takes us today.

From 1-100%, Random has chosen for me to go back to the 36% mark. (I just learned how to get to a location in an e-book! Multiply the number of locations by the percentage where you want to go.)

Counting these lines aren't as easy as I thought. I'm going to veto Random and myself and give you a few lines from the 36% mark.

His eyes narrowed. "You'd do my bidding? In exchange for...what, exactly?"

Oh, this! I inhaled. "Let me follow you around and do stuff like you do and talk to you and watch how you do things and maybe be your friend!"

The innocence of children. :)

2 comments:

  1. Cute snippet! An attention span-lacking protagonist sounds like a lot of fun, for sure... :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I wish it were more than a novella. I want to see more of Shill.

      Delete

Search This Blog