Greetings

My photo

Hello,

I'm Deborah. I'm a writer, currently seeking representation/publication for my YA Fantasy Fractured Princess

I love to play Final Fantasy games and Shattered Pixel Dungeon. I also enjoy the many ins and outs of music (I'm a chorus geek).

Wednesday, May 13, 2015

Wednesday Words: Cassafire

Happy Wednesday!

I feel like I haven't done a Wednesday Words in weeks! These are the days where I use Random.org to share with my followers what it is I am reading.



Last week I started Cassafire by the Captain and Sensei of many of us bloggers: Alex J. Cavanaugh.

"But wait," you should probably say, "I've been following your Wednesday Words for a while. When did you read Cassastar?"

Well, what had happened was...lol. There was a promotion happening where the Kindle edition of Cassafire was on sale for like $0.99, so I bought it to try it out. I don't read much Science Fiction, so if I didn't like it, at least it wasn't hard on my wallet.

And on that note, I actually like it! I really like Byron. Part of him reminds me of Gibbs on NCIS, but I can't wait to read Cassastar now. I wonder how different he was as a probie pilot.

Now, there are 240 pages in the Kindle Edition, so using Random.org, let's see what page we'll be visiting...........................page 73.

That is 30% in at location 1230 based on my Kindle.

There are approximately 16 lines on page 73, so Random has chosen...................................line 7.

A surge of power flowed through his mind. The valley vanished, replaced by a view of the city.

Psychic teleportation! (<---Since when is that not a word?) I was intrigued when I first read Byron doing something of a psychic nature, and I'm guessing more about the Cassans and their abilities is explained in the first book, so I'll cross that bridge when I get there.

3 comments:

  1. Hey, I know that author!
    Thanks for reading and I'm glad you are enjoying it. I keep the science light.
    Psychic teleportation is definitely a real word in the Cassan world.
    And Byron was very different in his youth.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Excellent line to feature; says a lot about the Cassans. When I read CassaStar, that was probably my favorite characteristic of the pilots, psychic teleportation. The way they power the generators was just awesome.

    ReplyDelete

Search This Blog