Greetings

My photo
Delaware, United States
Deborah Hawkins, penned Debra Renée Byrd, began writing after a blank book project in elementary school and never stopped, fashioning stories based on her favorite TV shows and movies before creating more original works. She studied at the University of the Arts and Florida State University before settling down and graduating from Temple University. She now resides in her hometown of Dover, DE, where she spends most of her time at work or at church. She loves fantasies, superheroes, is a trekkie and a brown coat. She loves television and lives for Final Fantasy video games, having collected most of them. She has read a myriad of authors, and her favorite authors change whenever she finds a new book that changes her life... "When you can't run, you crawl. When you can't crawl...well, you know the rest." -Tracey, Firefly, "The Message"

Search This Blog

Friday, September 11, 2015

Express Yourself + Pitmad News!

Happy end of the week day! lol


So, GOOD NEWS, EVERYONE!

I got my first #Pitmad agent/editor favorites! Ack, what a difference a week makes! It's really a confidence booster, and I certainly have to thank my Pitch Warriors on Facebook. It's been a while since I've been part of a community where people are actively helping each other, and I think it's because we're not only writers, but we all needed an esteem boost after Pitch Wars. I know many of the Pitch Warriors received favorites as well!


And now, this week's and last week's Express Yourself questions, brought to you by Dani at Entertaining Interests and Jackie at Bouquet of Books.



Aug. 31- Sept. 4: What scent (candle, fragrance, etc) is your fave during Autumn?

I LOVE the smell of burning firewood in the Fall. It's so relaxing to me, and I tend not to have clear sinuses in the Winter, so I don't get to smell it as often. lol

Sept. 7-11: What is the last text you sent and/or received?

I texted my mom to see if I could borrow her car, but she had fallen asleep, so I walked over to her house lol.

8 comments:

Dani said...

The text had me LOLing.

Debra Renée Byrd said...

She can't be trusted. lol

Alex J. Cavanaugh said...

That's awesome, Debra! Yes, this community of writers is so encouraging.

Jackie said...

Congrats on the pitmad fave/request! I wasn't able to do this one, but I hope to do December's pitmad!

Anonymous said...

Fantastic news indeed. Good for you!

I just bought a new autumn Yankee candle I'm dying to light but don't want to admit summer's over just yet. I'm refusing to let go just yet.

Stephanie Faris said...

Congratulations. That's SO awesome! I have those Yankee Candle bulbs and I just stocked up on a bunch for fall. I think cinnamon is my favorite...maybe with a hint of pumpkin.

Heather R. Holden said...

Congrats on those agent/editor favorites! How exciting! :D

Debra Renée Byrd said...

'Tis the season to have pumpkin. lol