Greetings

My photo

Hello,

I'm Deborah. I'm a writer, currently seeking representation/publication for my YA Fantasy Fractured Princess

I love to play Final Fantasy games and Shattered Pixel Dungeon. I also enjoy the many ins and outs of music (I'm a chorus geek).

Wednesday, January 16, 2013

Lua (a poem)

So I don't really have anything to blog about, so I thought I'd share a poem I wrote in college about a very deep, seemingly one-sided crush I had on this guy. It's based around the song he was singing at the time the poem takes place: Lua by Bright Eyes.

I'm tired of being cold
Why don't you set down your guitar
And tell me to come sit in your lap?
Sing some more Lua for me
Let the sound of your voice
Against those words
Roam around in me
Being alone with you
Like we were then
Felt too close to the real
I bet you'd feel my heart
Lose a little weight
If you kissed me right now
We can stay conscious if you want to
But I'd rather just
Look at you in the moonlight
And know I can count on you

6 comments:

Search This Blog