Greetings

My photo

Hello,

I'm Deborah. I'm a writer, currently seeking representation/publication for my YA Fantasy Fractured Princess

I love to play Final Fantasy games and Shattered Pixel Dungeon. I also enjoy the many ins and outs of music (I'm a chorus geek).

Tuesday, May 28, 2013

Express Yourself: What he said.

Good morning, and Happy (belated) Memorial Day! I hope everyone stopped for a moment to reflect on the men and women who lose their lives for us.


This week's Express Yourself asks what our favorite author quotes are, and mine is actually the signature on my Agent Query profile. It is from Robert Olen Butler, and he says it as an introduction to a video series he did as he wrote one of the short stories for his collection: Had A Good Time. Unfortunately, I don't think I know the whole thing off the top of my head and can't look it up because my job blocks videos, but I'll try to remember.

"Art doesn't come from the mind. Art comes from the place where you dream. So in a sense, I am welcoming you into my dream."
He also has a book on writing based on this theory, and I, being someone who does pull ideas from dreams I've had, totally understand it.

Visit http://jackiefelger.blogspot.com and http://danibertrand.blogspot.com for the other participants of this weekly bloghop.

6 comments:

  1. That's a pretty awesome quote, and the more I think of it, the truer it gets!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is a great quote, I've definitely gotten inspiration from dreams for my writing before :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow, that is such a lovely quote!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Isn't it?! :D Thanks for visiting, everyone!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Now that I remembered to confirm the quote, I've edited. :)

    ReplyDelete

Search This Blog