Greetings

My photo

Hello,

I'm Deborah. I'm a writer, currently seeking representation/publication for my YA Fantasy Fractured Princess

I love to play Final Fantasy games and Shattered Pixel Dungeon. I also enjoy the many ins and outs of music (I'm a chorus geek).

Friday, May 9, 2014

Friday Freeday & Express Yourself Meme

Happy Friday, everyone!

So, as I said before, I'm seeking Beta readers on Deviantart. Based on my first two interactions with Betas, a few people probably don't know the difference between a Beta reader and a proofreader. My first one asked if I could put my MS in an editable format, and the second asked if I wanted her to go chapter by chapter or not. I won't worry too much about it, just let them know the difference. I also need to double check on the first, because I haven't heard from him in a while, partially my fault. Remember to tell your betas when you're going on vacation. lol

The site to my main work task is locked today, so I guess I'll be reading blogs. lol



Express Yourself is back! This weekly bloghop helps Jackie @ Bouquet of Books and Dani @ Entertaining Interests get to know their followers with interesting and insightful questions. This week, they asked us to look at Page 89 of one of our favorite books and say what the 8th and 9th lines or sentences are.

Naturally, I chose Octavia Butler's Fledgling, as I'm currently in beta-mode for the tribute sequel I wrote to it. Here are the 8th and 9th sentence, awkward dialogue between Shori and her first bonded Wright:

"...But I haven't...I mean none of the others..."
"None of the others are bound to you yet."

Have a great weekend, and before you go, stop by the ladies's blogs and visit the other EYM participants!

3 comments:

  1. Always give your betas a deadline. Hope you hear back from them soon.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree with Alex; best advice!

    ReplyDelete

Search This Blog