Greetings

My photo
Delaware, United States
Deborah Hawkins, penned Debra Renée Byrd, began writing after a blank book project in elementary school and never stopped, fashioning stories based on her favorite TV shows and movies before creating more original works. She studied at the University of the Arts and Florida State University before settling down and graduating from Temple University. She now resides in her hometown of Dover, DE, where she spends most of her time at work or at church. She loves fantasies, superheroes, is a trekkie and a brown coat. She loves television and lives for Final Fantasy video games, having collected most of them. She has read a myriad of authors, and her favorite authors change whenever she finds a new book that changes her life... "When you can't run, you crawl. When you can't crawl...well, you know the rest." -Tracey, Firefly, "The Message"

Search This Blog

Wednesday, March 11, 2015

Wednesday Words: Flight Vol. 7

Happy Hump Day.

So about this Daylight Savings debacle...

Anyway, welcome back to Wednesday Words, where I typically use Random.org to help me pick a page and line from that page to share with you all what I'm currently reading. Every now and then, I switch it up, and today is one of those days.

I love graphic novels, and the series Flight is currently one of my favorites. It gathers multiple writers and artists together to create beautiful and whimsical pieces of fiction. I'm halfway through Volume 7 (Hopefully I'll get to read Volume 6, but my library didn't have it!), and instead of using Random today, I thought I'd share the opening of the next story I'm about to read, because it's funny.

S: I've decided to become a SKEPTIC!
O: WHAT?! I don't believe it!

Teehee.

2 comments:

Mark Koopmans said...

Ah now, to be shure ye knew I'd have to stop on by and wish you an early St. Paddy's Day :)

It cracks me up to hear you've got three regional accents to choose from when it comes to March 17... maybe there is a part time Oirish voiceover job in your future :)

PS: There's no DST in HI, AZ and IN... so you have some choices :)

Anonymous said...

LOL! Happy Early St. Paddy's Day, Mark!